Updated: May 1, 2019
Accidental Vegan foods are foods that are not created with the purpose of feeding vegans, they are not labelled vegan in stores but coincidentally have no dairy, honey or animal-derived ingredients. An example of this would be Oreos, this means the list I'm about to present are all Vegan friendly.
A lot of you may not realise the vegan population is growing at an astonishing pace and supermarkets are now catering more and more vegan foods, making the switch to veganism increasingly easier.
Vegans still enjoy our cookies, snacks, cakes, ice-cream, savories and best of all cheese!! We have everything that everyone else has except we don’t have the guilt.
Please note: to always be sure to double check the ingredients before purchasing anything on this list because manufacturers are at liberty to change their ingredients at any time.
On a side note; this Vegan cheat sheet is a resource to help shoppers avoid non-vegan foods. Please leave in the comments section below any items that are no longer vegan.
Because the list is so extensive I have decided to do my “Top 10” favourites in each genre of food types.
This list is for the junk food fanatic in all of us!
My top 10 Vegan Favourite Savory Snack Items
1. Grain Wave Original. 2. Doritos (Original, Sweet Chilli). 3. Kettle (Original, Sea Salt, Sweet Chilli).
4. Pringles (Original, BBQ, Multiple Grain Classic). 5. Smiths (Original Chips). 6. French Fries (Plain, Salt & Vinegar). 7. Burger Rings. 8. Ajitas Vege Chips (All Flavours except tasty cheese). 9. Arjtias Deli Crips (All Flavours). 10. Mission Tortilla Corn Chips (Deli-Style, Triangle, Peppery Lime, Smokey BBQ, Chili & Lime).
My Top 10 Vegan Favourite Biscuits
1. Arnott’s Nice Biscuits. 2. Arnott’s Choc Ripple Biscuits. 3. Arnott’s Lemon Crisp Biscuits. 4. Arnott’s Raspberry Shortcake Biscuits). 5. Oreos (Classic, Chocolate & Strawberry). 6. Oreo Choc Wafer Fingers (Vanilla Cream). 7. Macro (Double Chocolate, Golden Chocolate). 8. Gingernut Cookies. 9. Golden Days Snaps (Sesame and Peanut Snaps). 10. McVities Original Digestives.
My Top 10 Vegan Favourite Cereals
1. Kellogg’s All Bran (Original. Wheat Flakes).
2. Kellogg’s Frosties.
3. Sanitarium Light N Tasty Berry with Oat Clusters.
4. Freedom Foods Corn Flakes.
5. Coco Pops.
6. Kellogg’s Nutri Grain.
8. Rice Bubbles.
9. Apple Flavoured Crunch.
10. Crunchola Cereals.
My Top 10 Vegan Dips Sauces & Spreads
1. Black Swan hummus with Garlic Olive Oil, Sweet Potato with Coriander, Red Lentil, Cashews)
2. Soy Sauce.
3. Tomato, BBQ, Dijon Mustard, Sweet & Sour, Sweet Chili sauces.
4. Masterfoods Traditional Tartare Sauce & Praise (Fat Free) Mayonnaise.
5. Gravy Mix (In powder form only).
6. Old El Paso Dip (mild).
7. Peanut Butter.
9. Yumi’s Dip (Basil and Pine nut, Beetroot).
10. Dolmio Sauces (Basil, Italian Herbs, Mushrooms, Spicy Peppers and Roast Garlic).
My Top 10 Vegan Lollies & Chocolates
1. Aeroplane Glitter Jelly (Berry Blue, Lime and Strawberry).
2. Chupa Chups (Cola, Orange).
3. Lindt (70% Cocoa, 85% Cocoa and Excellence smooth Blend 70% Chocolate).
4. Lindt Swiss Thins.
6. Sweet William Chocolate Range (Original, Dark, White).
8. Coles Belgian (70% Belgian, 85% Belgian dark chocolates).
9. Darrell Lea (Batch 37 Black & Strawberry).
10. Goji and Coconut Chocolate Bar.
My Top 10 Vegan Miscellaneous Sweet Goods
1. Cadbury Drinking Chocolate.
2. Coles Waffle Ice Cream Cones (Vanilla, Chocolate & Plain).
3. Maple Syrup.
4. Organic Popcorn.
5. Bickfords Custard Powder.
6. Nesquik Chocolate.
7. Chocolate Ice Cream Topping.
8. Pudding Mix (Sticky Date, Sponge).
9. Freedom Foods Pancake Mix.
10. Greens Chocolate Brownie Mix.
My top 10 Vegan Savoury Breads, Noodles, Pastas, Beans and Rice
1. Golden Crumpets. 2. Tip Top Original English Muffins. 3. Some Helgas range. 4. Some Mighty Soft Range. 5. The original Mission Wraps (Rice, Rye & Corn). 6. Almost all regular pastas. 7. Heinz Baked Beans (Original, Salsa Chilli Beans, Mediterranean, Fiery Mexican, Mild Curry). 8. All Rices (White, Brown, Basmati, Sushi). 9. Rice Noodles. 10. Sweet Potato and Zucchini Noodles.
My top 10 Vegan Frozen and Cold Foods
1. Birds Eye Corn Fritters.
2. Onion Rings.
3. Hash browns.
4. Sweet Potato Fries.
5. Nannas (4 Life Snack Pies, Apple, Mixed Berry).
6. Potato Wedges.
8. Frosty Fruit Ice Blocks.
9. Weis (Fruit Flavoured Berry, Passionfruit & Orange, Mango, Lemon & Pineapple).
10. Home made Mini Spring Rolls (Vegetable).
It is important to mention that on the labels of some of these products you could find stated “May Contain ingredients such as milk. Please note these labels are for legal purposes only. All this means is a product may be produced in the same factory as an item like dairy and manufacturers need to cover any liability issues for any cross-contamination matters, so these are only warnings and therefore does not mean the item has an animal product as a direct ingredient.
Now that the “Accidentally Vegan” foods are covered, keep in mind there is a startling amount of options in this category and I will add the links at the end of this article for you to investigate further.
Moving forward; the next list of products I will mention are those that are designed for Vegan alternatives such as some cheeses and meat replacements. (By no means is this a complete list)
Vegan Meat Alternatives:
1. Quorn - Mince, Schnitzels, Filets, Lasagne, Vegan Nuggets, Cottage Pie and more within this range.
2. Yumi’s - Roasted Vegetable Delights, Falafels, Spicy Zucchini Lentils and more within this range.
3. Tofuky- Roast Beef Style, Italian Sausages, Spicy Black Bean Pattie and more within this range.
4. Vege Delights - Savoury Vege Mince, Crumbed Schnitzel, Smoky BBQ Patties, Deli Slices and more within this range.
Vegan Cheese & Dairy Alternatives
1. Bio - Original, and Cheddar.
2. Sheese - Mature Cheddar, Grated, Creamy, Mozzarella Slices.
3. Follow Your Heart - Mozzarella, Pepper, Cheddar, Fiesta Blend, Vegan Gourmet.
1. Yumi’s – Sweet potato & Cashew, Carrot with toasted sesame, hommus and more within this range.
2. Fifya – Roasted Pumpkin, Roasted Eggplant & Parsley, Sweet Potato and more within this range.
3. Black Swan – White Hommus & Hommus.
Vegan Milk Substitutes
1. Sanitarium – Almond, Coconut, Soy, Vanilla Bliss.
2. Vitasoy -Soy, Rice, Oat.
3. Australia’s own – Almond, Rice, Soy.
4. Pure Harvest – Rice, Almond, Soy, Oat.
Vegan Ice Cream
1. Ben & Jerry’s – P.B & Cookies, Coffee Caramel Fudge, Seven Layer Bar, Chocolate Fudge.
2. Over The Moo – Vanilla Bean, Pecan Party, The Espresso Lane, Mango and many more.
3. Sanitarium – Vanilla Bliss, Chocolate Bliss, Salted Caramel & Almond, Coconut Mango and many more
Bonus Round – Vegan Friendly Foods At Domino’s, Mc Donalds & Subway
1. Vegan Avocado Veg with Vegan Cheese
2. Vegan Spicy Veg Trio with Vegan Cheese
3. Vegan Margarita with Vegan Cheese
4. Garlic Bread – made with margarine
5. BBQ, Hickory BBQ, Tomato & Capsicum and Pizza sauces
1. All Bread Buns (add fries and/or hash browns with some tomato sauce)
2. Fries plus Loaded Fries (The one with guacamole and salsa)
3. Side Salad
4. Garden Salad
5. All Salads to add to Burgers
8.Box of Cookies
1. 9 Grain Wheat, Multi-Grain, Roasted Garlic, Wheat Bread, White Bread & Wraps
2. Sweet Onion, Zesty Italian, Deli Brown Mustard, Yellow Mustard Dressings
3. BBQ, Tomato, Sweet Onion and Sweet Chili Sauces
4. Veggie Patty
5. All Salads
If you are interested in learning more about how to become a vegan or you are genuinely curious as to what it means to be vegan and how we can save the animals. Veganism is a lifestyle, not a diet.
I have listed some videos that I personally recommend for all to see.
Fat Sick & Nearly Dead All Logo’s, photos and brands used in this article are the property of the perspective creator/manufacturer.